DON’T LET BAD AIR GET TO YOU
One big way to help your drivers fight seasonal allergies is to install a new cabin air filter in each truck in your fleet. High-quality cabin air filters are extremely effective in capturing pollen, as well as particulates in smog and exhaust gases.
For people who don’t have allergies, dirty cabin air filters are still a concern, as they can prevent the cabin defroster from working correctly. This creates a visibility problem and can slow the rate of work.
To make sure drivers are breathing clean air, check their vehicles’ cabin air filters at every oil change and replace them following these guidelines:
- After 12,000 to 15,000 miles, or on a seasonal basis – whichever comes first.
- If the surfaces in a truck’s cab are noticeably dusty. Dust can be a sign that a filter is reaching the end of its usable life. Surface dust in a cab can also trap other contaminants that get past the filter.
- If the air in a cab smells musty. Clogged air filters reduce airflow to a vehicle’s cab. The lack of clean, fresh air coming in to the cab can create a musty smell.
Of course, not all cabin air filters are equally effective at cleaning the air. The filtering media used in high-quality cabin air filters is typically finer and more durable, allowing it to capture even micron- and sub-micron-sized particles. That’s especially important for drivers who sleep in their cabs.
In addition, the adhesives and frames used to construct high-quality filters provide a tighter seal and better fit than those typically found in less-expensive filters.
CHOOSE A BETTER FILTER
With Volvo Genuine cabin air filters, the quality is clear. Volvo Genuine cabin air filters:
- Block and absorb the tiniest particles to provide better protection against pollen, dust, smog and other airborne particles that can aggravate asthma and allergies.
- Incorporate an activated carbon layer that prevents odors and gasses from entering the cabin.
- Use a special pleating technique that provides maximum efficiency.
- Are precisely engineered to ensure an exact fit every time.
- Include the best available adhesives and seals for superior filtration.
Your local Volvo Trucks dealership can help you find the right cabin air filter for your vehicle and its filtration needs. Or visit the SELECT Part Store™ for discounts on Volvo Genuine cabin air filters with your SELECT membership. Registration is free, and gives you access to 24/7 online ordering and quick delivery.